GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
GOVERNMENT OF QUEBEC
- Watch out about
forms W-8BEN used in IRS tax scams!
- Extracts from the
web site of Department
of Finance of Canada in connection with
2015 Automobile Deduction Limits and Expense Benefit
Rates for Business:
- The ceiling
on the capital cost of passenger vehicles for
capital cost allowance (CCA) purposes will remain
at $30,000 (plus applicable federal and provincial
sales taxes) for purchases after 2014.
- The limit on the
deduction of tax-exempt allowances paid by
employers to employees that use their personal
vehicle for business purposes for 2015 will be
increased by 1 cent to 55 cents per kilometre
for the first 5,000 kilometres driven and to 49
cents for each additional kilometre.
- Extract from Revenue Quebec's
site about the
Limits and Rates Related to the QPP for 2015:
- The maximum pensionable earnings have been
increased from $52,500 to $53,600.
- The basic exemption is $3,500.
- The maximum contributory earnings have been
increased from $49,000 to $50,100.
- The contribution rate has been increased from
5.175% to 5.25% for both employers and employees.
- The maximum employee contribution has been
increased from $2,535.75 to $2,630.25.
- The maximum employer contribution has been
increased from $2,535.75 per employee to $2,630.25
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons
has been increased from 10.35% to 10.50%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed
person has been increased from $5,071.50 to
- Archives: 2015, 2014,